Things you MUST KNOW about Holidays in Dubai
Where to go and what to do in Dubai
If you are planning to have holidays in Dubai you must read this. Proper planning will make or break your Dubai vacation. This page will tell you essential things YOU MUST know about Dubai holidays and few things you MUST do during your holidays to Dubai. Also visit Dubai Tours page for more details on where to go and what to do in Dubai.
Ten things YOU MUST know before taking your Dubai vacation
Dubai has become a very popular tourist destination. There are few things you must know before going there. These tips will help you to get the best from your Dubai holiday.
1. Best time to have holidays in Dubai – Dubai has extreme weather conditions. Few months of the year are extremely hot. The best time to visit Dubai is from November to March. This is the “winter” period in Dubai. The temperature is mild (average 20C). Visit Dubai weather page for more on this.
2. Avoid Ramadan – Ramadan is the fasting month of Muslims. Usually Ramadan falls in October-November period. There is a daily fasting time, which approximately starts around 5:00am and ends around 5:00pm. NO ONE (including tourists) can eat, drink or even smoke in public places during this time. I am sure you don’t want your Dubai vacation during Ramadan.
3. Visa requirements – You may have to apply for a visit visa before visiting Dubai. Citizens of few countries (first world countries such as USA, UK, Australia etc) can get visa on arrival. Check with your travel agent to confirm the visa requirement for your country while booking your Dubai holiday .
4. Liquor – I am sure you will need this during your holidays in Dubai. Visitors cannot buy liquor from liquor shops in Dubai. Only residence who are holding a liquor license can buy them. Visitors have to go to a bar in a hotel or to a nightclub to get liquor.
Tip: Buy liquor from the Dubai Duty Free shop on arrival.
5. Car rentals – Taxi fare is expensive in Dubai. Rent a car is the best option. Do it in advance. Visit Dubai car rentals page for more details on Car rentals in Dubai.
6. Driving – Dubai is a left hand driven state.
7. Accommodation options – Dubai has a wide range of accommodation options. So do not spend unnecessarily on accommodation and save that money to enjoy your Dubai vacation. For an example, there are cheap but quality 2 start hotels in Dubai. If you are travelling with a big group then renting an apartment is the cheapest option. Do not let your travel agent to limit your options. Visit Dubai accommodation page to learn more on various accommodation options available in Dubai.
8. Shopping tips – Dubai is a paradise for shoppers. Shopping malls, gold and cheap electronics will tempt you to buy even unwanted stuff. Have a shopping budget and stick to it. Don’t let your Dubai holiday hurt your pocket.
9. Language – You will have to speak to many people (specially Arabs) during your holidays in Dubai. Arabic is the main language in Dubai. Most of them can understand and speak English. But make sure that you speak slowly for them to understand properly.
10. Law – Dubai has become one of the safest places on earth because of tough laws. Respect the law and their culture while enjoying holidays in Dubai.
Five things you MUST DO while in Dubai
If you don’t do below then you’re your Dubai holiday is not completed.
1. Desert Safari – Absolute must do during your Dubai vacation. This will be an amazing experience, which you will never forget in your life. Visit Dubai desert safari page for more details.
2. Visit the Gold Market – This is the place where you will see thousands of kilograms of gold. Visit Dubai gold market page for more details.
3. Eat Shawarma – You must eat Shawarma while having your holidays in Dubai. Visit Dubai foods page to read more on Shawarma.
4. Visit Wild Wadi – This is the famous water park in Dubai. There are relaxing rides and adventure rides where both adults and children can enjoy. Visit Dubai short break page to read more.
5. Visit Burj Al Arab – This is the world famous 7 Star Hotel. You must go and see this hotel.
Visit Dubai holidays photos page to see a collection of Dubai holiday pictures