A holiday in Dubai will find many families enjoying the time in many of the Dubai parks and gardens. The Dubai parks and gardens are actually one of the reasons why the emirate is experiencing a continuous increase in the number of tourists visiting the place each year.
Planning a family holiday in Dubai is easy because there simply are many parks and gardens in the emirate to spend the day. Seven of the most popular parks and gardens in Dubai are listed below:
1. Jumeirah Beach Park – This park occupies a long, rectangular 30-acre land along the Jumeirah Beach Road. It is close to the Hilton Beach Club. The park has a beach frontage of more than half a kilometer, which extends its length. It is equipped with all the necessary amenities, including food kiosks, barbecue areas, children’s play areas, and volleyball sites. It also has jetty areas with lifeguards on duty.
2. Al-Mazmar Park – This park spans some 262 acres of land in Deira Dubai. It is located about 5 kilometers (3 miles) after the turn off to Hamriya Port. It is one of the most frequented parks in Dubai. Its features include children’s play areas, a swimming pool, food kiosks, barbecue sites, and grassed picnic areas.
3. Mushrif Park – This is a desert-like park spread across 306 acres of land near the Khawaneej suburb in the eastern part of the city. The park is home to the famous Ethiopian hedgehog as well as to different bird species. Its features include swimming pools, camel and pony rides, play areas for children, and fountain and lakes. The park also features an “International Garden Area,” where miniature houses from different countries are exhibited.
4. Jumeirah Beach Corniche – This park is situated next to the Marine Beach Club, just off the Beach Road. It has about 800 meters (2,625 feet) of beach front. The park’s features include several children’s playing areas, shaded picnic tables, showers, and a shaded swimming area.
5. Za’abeel Park – This 126-acre park is another one of the favorites among tourists. It features ponds, lakes, and a clubhouse. It also has sports facilities and jogging track.
6. Creekside Park – This park is located in Bur Dubai, and is one of the largest waterfront parks in the emirate. The park spans two bridges – the Al-Garhoud Bridge and the Al-Maktium Bridge. It is a big attraction among tourists for its dhow cruises, abra rides, restaurants, amphitheaters, and beaches.
7. Safa Park – This approximately half-mile park runs from Al-Wasi Road to Sheikh Zayed Road. It occupies a 158-acre land some 10 kilometers (6 miles) southwest of Dubai central along Sheikh Zayed Road. The park’s features include an area for playing cricket and a lake where families can spend the day. Paddleboats are available here.
Every park or garden in Dubai offers a wide range of recreational activities. On top of this, the quality of service it provides is something that will make visitors look forward to visiting the place again.